What is the Bible?
The Bible is the Word of God. From scripture we know that:
- “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1
- “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
Obviously, this refers to Jesus; as does the following scripture:
- “And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.” Revelation 19:13
Therefore, the Bible is The Word of God, which is Jesus.
Who wrote it?
God wrote the Bible perfectly through his prophets and servants. God dictated it word for word, punctuation for punctuation. He didn’t allow His people to put it in their own words, but God used His Words:
- “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” II Timothy 3:16-17
- “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” II Peter 1:21
- “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” I Thessalonians 2:13
Does the Bible ever change?
The Bible does not change. We have before shown that Jesus is the Word – the Bible.
Jesus does not change:
- “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
- “For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Matthew 5:18
- “And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.” Luke 16:17
- “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” Matthew 24:35
- “The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.” Psalm 12:6-7
What about the different "versions"?
The different “versions” are false.
- “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” John 6:63
Let’s examine this.
- First: “…the words that I speak unto you, …”
These words are the words of Jesus. Jesus is The Word. So, the Bible is “…the words that I speak unto you …”
- Second: “…they are spirit …”
So, the “words” are spirit. The Bible is a spirit. Since Jesus is the Word, this spirit is the Holy Spirit, the spirit of Christ.
- Third: “…they are life.”
If you have this true, only version (KJV) and read and do it, you have life.
If you have any of the different “versions,” depending on the version, you can be approximately 60,000 words short of the true version (KJV). Also, the words are frequently changed and are different. Many are removed. Many are added. The result: the different “versions” are not “the words that I speak unto you...”. Therefore, the spirit is not the spirit of Christ, but a false Christ spirit. This spirit would not be life, but death.
So, the different “versions” are not The Word of God (Christ) but they are false – that is, false Christs.
What does God say about those who write the false “versions”?
- “Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish aught from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you. Your eyes have seen what the Lord did because of Baal-peor: for all the men that followed Baal-peor, the Lord thy God hath destroyed them from among you. But ye that did cleave unto the Lord your God are alive every one of you this day. Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.” Deuteronomy 4:1-5
- “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” Revelation 22:18-19
So, those who write the false versions will not get to heaven.
What does God say about those who preach the false “versions”?
- “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” Galatians 1:6-9
What does God say about those who use the false “versions”?
Since Jesus said:
- “…It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” Luke 4:4
Then those that are not in the KJV don’t have every word of God, and so how can they live?
In order to get to be saved we must follow Christ. We must be his disciples:
- “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12
This name obviously is Jesus.
What did Jesus say we needed to do to be his disciples?
- “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32
So, if a person uses the false “versions” they don’t have Jesus’ Word. If they don’t have his Word, they can’t continue in his Word. Therefore, they are not his disciples, and don’t know the truth, nor are they set free.
- “I am that bread of life.” John 6:48
- “This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.” John 6:50
So, when a person reads the true Bible (KJV), he “eats” the “bread of life”; the Spirit of Christ comes into him, and life.
But when a person reads a false “version” he eats a false Christ and eats death. This defiles God’s temple.
- “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.” I Corinthians 3:17
- “…And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.” Matthew 15:14
So, to be saved, a person must find the one true, perfect Word of God, and do it.
- God wrote the Bible,
- Jesus is the Word and never change,
- The Bible never changes, and
- God promises to preserve his words (even jots and tittles),
- Only ONE version is correct. This is the King James Version. If a person uses the other versions they are calling the King James Version false.
- God was able to write the Bible perfectly in the first place (and did) and is able to preserve it perfectly (and did).
- Man can’t do this, but God can by his Holy Spirit working through man.
What is predicted for “end of the world” times?
- “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Matthew 24:24
False Bibles are false Christs. There are very many false Bibles today.
- “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.” Amos 8:11-12
- “And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” II Thessalonians 2:11-12
Since a false Bible is a false Christ, it is a false god:
- “The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the Lord thy God. Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.” Deuteronomy 7:25-26
So– throw away the false Bibles and use only the King James Version. Read it and do it daily.
- “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22
Read more on this subject here!...